After successfully finding ways to keep their doors openly safely to in-person learning this past year, Catholic schools in the Archdiocese of St. Paul and Minneapolis are seeing record levels of interest from families. Many parents want their children to experience the life-long benefits of a faith-based, academically rigorous education found uniquely in a Catholic education. For some families, however, the cost of tuition keeps the Catholic school option just out of reach for their children. The Aim Higher Foundation exists to help ensure Catholic schools are accessible to all families, regardless of financial circumstances, by providing tuition assistance.
Beginning June 1, the Aim Higher Foundation will re-open its scholarship application through August 6th. With the goal of awarding more than $150,000 to children to attend a K-8 Catholic school this summer, the foundation is specifically giving priority to applications for children who are new to Catholic schools for the 2021-22 school year. Keep reading for more information:
HOW IT WORKS:
On June 1, the Aim Higher Foundation section of the TADS financial aid application at mytads.com will reopen for all students in grades K-8. This is the same financial application most schools use in the Archdiocese of St. Paul and Minneapolis, so families will only need to complete one application.
On a rolling basis, scholarships to students from families with demonstrated financial need will be awarded through June and July, ending August 6. As soon as scholarships are awarded, we will notify schools and families about the awards. As with the first application period, following verification of the students’ enrollment in October, we will send funds directly to the school on behalf of the student.
- Scholarships are awarded in the amount of $1,000 to students who meet the need-based criteria determined by the Aim Higher Foundation. The scholarship follows students through 8th grade and to other Catholic schools in this Archdiocese.
- TADS applications may be filled out by the parent/guardian of a child who is currently attending or plans to attend a K-8 Catholic school in the Archdiocese of the St. Paul and Minneapolis. All scholarship applications must be completed yearly for both new and returning recipients.
- Priority for the scholarships awarded during the summer application period will be given to students who are new to Catholic schools, however, all applications will be considered.
- If a family applied for Aim Higher Scholarships during the first application period (Nov 1 through Feb 18), they are ineligible for the second cycle.
- If a family applied to TADS between Feb 19 and May 31, they can add Aim Higher to their application by completing the following instructions: How Parent Can Add AHF to TADS
Questions? Contact Laura Hester at firstname.lastname@example.org or 612-819-6711