JOIN OUR TEAM
The following positions are currently open at the Aim Higher Foundation:
The Aim Higher Foundation (AHF) provides scholarships to ensure that all children, regardless of background, can access a Catholic school. AHF is an independently operated, non-profit organization supported by those who believe in the transformational power of a Catholic education. Since 2012, AHF has awarded more than 14,000 scholarships worth $12.8 million.
Position: Director of Advancement
The Aim Higher Foundation is seeking a Director of Advancement to strengthen the foundation’s fundraising initiatives in order to drive continued growth of its scholarship programs. The Director of Advancement will primarily be responsible for developing and stewarding a portfolio of major donors, overseeing key fundraising projects and events, and, with the President and the Associate Director of Advancement, expanding and diversifying revenue streams and partnerships.
The position will serve as a visible public advocate for the Aim Higher Foundation. In addition, the Director of Advancement will support the President and the Board of Directors by serving as project manager for the Foundation’s financial operations.
Successful candidates will possess a history of successfully soliciting major gifts, outstanding interpersonal and writing skills, exceptional problem solving capacity, the ability to think strategically and imaginatively, and a commitment to personal and organizational growth.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- With the President and the Associate Director of Advancement, share responsibility for the success of all fundraising initiatives, relationships, and partnerships.
- Design, implement, and manage effective cultivation, solicitation, and stewardship strategies for the President and the team.
- Solicit donations from major-, mid-, and entry- level donors.
- Lead fundraising events including the Night of Light, the Aim Higher Foundation’s premier gala.
- Serve in both a strategic and tactical role in financial budgeting, reporting, and modeling to ensure immediate impact and long-term sustainability.
- Facilitate the connection between fundraising efforts and financial reporting. Serve as liaison to the Foundation’s accountant.
- Other duties as assigned
Essential Experience and Qualifications:
- Deep respect for and commitment to the work to provide educational opportunities to children from all backgrounds.
- Strong interpersonal, verbal, and written communications skills and a high emotional intelligence.
- Advanced proficiency with Microsoft Excel and a strong understanding of the Microsoft Office and Google Tools suites.
- Demonstrated ability to manage multiple tasks, meet deadlines, and stay organized while providing an acute attention to detail at all times.
- Enthusiasm for working closely with a small, highly motivated team and ability to work occasional weekends and evenings, as needed.
Preferred Experience and Qualifications
- Experience leading fundraising initiatives, overseeing fundraising events, and soliciting major gifts.
- Experience forecasting and managing long-term and short-term budgets.
- Proficiency using donor database systems and CRMs. Ability to manage and create database reports.
This is a full-time (40 hours a week), mostly in-person position located in St. Paul, MN. Salary commensurate with experience. Applications will be reviewed on a rolling basis until the position is filled.
Applications will be reviewed beginning December 5, 2022. Applications will be accepted until the position is filled.
Interested applicants should submit a resume and cover letter. Please combine the resume and cover letter into a single PDF and submit it to email@example.com.