JOIN OUR TEAM
The following positions are currently open at the Aim Higher Foundation:
Position: Associate Director of Advancement and Operations
About the Aim Higher Foundation
The Aim Higher Foundation (AHF) seeks to ensure that all children whose families seek for them a Catholic education can access a Catholic school. AHF is an independently operated, non-profit organization that provides student-based, tuition-assistance scholarships to children to attend Catholic schools in the 12-county Twin Cities metro area. Since 2011, the foundation has awarded more than 10,000 scholarships worth $8.4 million.
General Purpose of Position:
The Associate Director of Advancement and Operations will support the fundraising and development efforts of the Aim Higher Foundation and provide assistance to related operational projects. The position will primarily be responsible for supporting the President and Vice President in expanding and diversifying revenue streams, increasing the organization’s online giving capabilities, securing grant-based funding, and strengthening the team’s ability to grow the reach and awareness of the Aim Higher Foundation’s mission.
Successful candidates will possess experience managing multiple projects simultaneously, outstanding interpersonal and writing skills, exceptional problem-solving capacity, the ability to think strategically and imaginatively, and a commitment to personal and organizational growth.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities:
• Support the President and Vice President in and share the responsibility for the success of all fundraising initiatives and partnerships.
• Work closely with staff and volunteers to identify, research, cultivate, and steward donors and prospects.
• Lead grant writing initiatives by expanding, cultivating, and managing a portfolio of foundations and corporations.
• Expand online giving opportunities working across all lanes of the foundation to raise the profile and name recognition of the Aim Higher Foundation.
• Provide support for organizational events.
• Support the Vice President and other staff in executing a strong, cohesive fundraising marketing and communications strategy.
• Facilitate the connection between fundraising efforts and financial reporting.
• Other duties as assigned.
Essential Experience and Qualifications:
o Deep respect for and commitment to the work to provide educational opportunities to children from all backgrounds.
o Strong interpersonal, verbal, and written communications skills and high emotional intelligence.
o Demonstrated ability to manage multiple tasks, meet deadlines, and stay organized while providing acute attention to detail at all times.
o Advanced proficiency with the Microsoft Office and Google Tools suites.
o Enthusiasm for working closely with a small, highly motivated team and ability to work weekends and evenings, as needed.
Preferred Experience and Qualifications:
o Experience managing fundraising initiatives and supporting major gifts staff.
o Experience using digital and social media to support fundraising goals.
o Proficiency in using donor database systems and CRMs. Ability to manage and create database reports.
This is a full-time (40 hours a week), mostly in-person position located in St. Paul, MN. Salary commensurate with experience. Applications will be reviewed on a rolling basis until the position is filled. Priority will be given to applications submitted by July 31, 2022.
Interested applicants must submit a resume that is no longer than two pages and a cover letter that includes:
1) Why you are interested in the Aim Higher Foundation’s mission
2) A specific reference to one past experience that has prepared you for this position
Please combine the cover letter and resume into a single PDF and submit it to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please address your letter to Jean Houghton and Ricky Austin.