JOIN OUR TEAM
The following positions are currently open at the Aim Higher Foundation:
Position Title: Development and Programs Associate
Organization Overview: The Aim Higher Foundation (AHF) seeks to ensure that all children can access the life-changing benefits of a Catholic education. AHF is an independently operated, non-profit organization that provides scholarships to students to attend Catholic schools serving grades K-8 in the 12-county Twin Cities metro area. The Foundation is governed by a Board of Directors comprised of corporate, community and education leaders, who seek to ensure the future strength of Catholic schools.
General Summary of the Position: The Development and Programs Associate will embody the Aim Higher Foundation’s core values and work effectively with multiple constituent groups to advance the organization’s mission. As a key member of the team, the person who fills this new position will be highly-organized, self-motivated, and responsible for managing all aspects of the foundation’s fundraising campaigns. This includes maintaining campaign and development projects, plans, timelines, prospect pipelines, and goal tracking; identifying and classifying prospective donors; and ensuring the implementation of timely cultivation, briefing, solicitation, and stewardship strategies. He or she will drive strategy and campaign solicitation activity, write and develop campaign reports and other communications materials, manage databases, direct volunteer leaders, manage donor recognition and stewardship policies, and report campaign progress to various audiences.
The position will also assist with the implementation of AHF’s scholarship programs. The Development and Programs Associate will help manage the awarding and tracking of student scholarships, provide support to school-leader and family-level marketing, communication, and customer service efforts, and assist with the Board of Directors and committees that provide guidance to the programs.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Share responsibility for the success of all fundraising initiatives.
- Manage fundraising activities, including strategic planning, reporting, communications, database management, and other activities necessary to execute effective cultivation, solicitation, and stewardship activities in support of fundraising goals and priorities.
- Work closely with staff, community and philanthropic leaders, and volunteers to identify, research, cultivate, solicit, and steward donors and prospects, including individuals, foundations, and corporations. Create and manage fundraising prospect portfolios and develop individualized cultivation and solicitation strategies.
- Ensure and track campaign activity and progress toward fundraising goals and benchmarks with timely reports to leadership.
- Work with the Director of Communications and Programs to create a strong, cohesive fundraising communications strategy; develop and manage publications including the website, newsletters, recognition materials, donor communications, etc.
- Coordinate meetings and events, and prepare agendas, prospect research profiles, briefing and debriefing memos, talking points, and other preparatory or follow-up materials to support the President, staff, campaign leadership, and other key volunteers.
- Assist staff responsible for gift processing and finance to ensure proper recording, allocation, documentation, acknowledgment, and analysis of gifts and pledges.
- Coordinate with staff and leadership to develop and implement fundraising strategies for the public phase of the campaign, including any appeals or targeted publicity.
- Coordinate the cultivation and solicitation of foundations, corporations and other institutional prospects in partnership with appropriate staff members.
- Provide assistance to the scholarship programs.
Preferred Education and/or Experience
- Demonstrated commitment to the work to provide educational opportunities to children from all backgrounds.
- A professional demeanor, strong work ethic, high–level of enthusiasm and appreciation for the Aim Higher Foundation mission, vision, and values, and confidence in one’s own ability to lead projects and represent the foundation.
- Bachelor’s degree and one or more years of professional experience in non-profit management, development, or a related field, preferred.
- Experience with fundraising and campaign management and/or working in the education field a plus.
- Knowledge of philanthropic research and data tracking, and the ability to work quickly and efficiently with multiple sets of data using a variety of software.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, and particularly exceptional interpersonal skills.
- A demonstrated ability to work collaboratively with a wide array of constituents: including professional staff; philanthropic, school, and church leaders; parents of school-age children, and volunteers.
- Outstanding organizational skills and ability to manage multiple tasks simultaneously.
- Ability to work weekends and evenings, as needed.
This is a full-time position (40 hours a week) located in St. Paul, MN. Salary commensurate with experience. Applications will be reviewed on a rolling basis until the position is filled. Priority will be given to applications submitted by November 15, 2019.
Interested applicants must submit a resume that is no longer than two pages and a cover letter that includes:
1) Why you are interested in the Aim Higher Foundation’s mission
2) A specific reference to one past experience that has prepared you for this position
The resume and cover letter should be combined into a single PDF and submitted to Lekenka Beja at email@example.com.