Summer Scholarship Application is Now OpenJune 1, 2018
The Aim Higher Foundation is pleased to offer additional tuition-assistance scholarships for families seeking to send their children to a K-5, K-6, K-8, or K-12 Catholic school in the Archdiocese of St. Paul and Minneapolis. Applications will be accepted for the 2018-19 school year during a second application period which opens on June 1 and closes on August 1, 2018.
HOW IT WORKS:
On June 1, the Aim Higher section of the TADS financial aid application at mytads.com will reopen for all students in grades K-8. On a rolling basis, scholarships to students from families with demonstrated financial need will be awarded through June and July, ending August 1. As soon as scholarships are awarded, we will notify schools and families about the awards.
Following verification of the students’ enrollment in October, we will send funds directly to the school on behalf of the student.
- Scholarships are awarded in the amount of $1,000 to students who meet the need-based criteria determined by the Aim Higher Foundation. The scholarship follows students through 8th grade and to other Catholic schools in this Archdiocese.
- TADS applications may be filled out by the parent/guardian of a child who is currently attending or plans to attend a K-8 Catholic school in the Archdiocese of the St. Paul and Minneapolis. All scholarship applications must be completed yearly for both new and returning recipients.
- Priority for the scholarships awarded during the summer application period will be given to students who are new to Catholic schools, however, all applications will be considered.
FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS
If I applied during the first application period (before February 15, 2018) and I did not receive an award, do I need to reapply in order for my child to be considered for a scholarship?
- Your application is already in our system and will be considered again for a scholarship.
If I applied after February 15, 2018 and want my application to be considered for the 2018-19 scholarships, what do I need to do?
- Log in to TADS at mytads.com using the same email address that you used previously. Select the checkbox on the Aim Higher Foundation application page. Complete and resubmit the application.
If my student received a scholarship last year, do I need to reapply again this year?
- To be eligible for all of Aim Higher’s scholarships, both returning and new scholars must submit an application.
If my student is awarded a scholarship, when do we get the money?
- The scholarship funds will be sent to the school on the student’s behalf after their enrollment has been verified in October. It will be applied directly to the student’s tuition amount.
What happens if a student is awarded a scholarship but then declines it or has their enrollment application denied by a school?
- An Aim Higher Scholarship that is declined or denied is returned to the Aim Higher Foundation.
My student attends a 5-12 or 6-12 Catholic school. Are they eligible to receive a scholarship?
- Students at 5-12 or 6-12 Catholic schools are eligible only if they are in grades 5-8 and were awarded an Aim Higher Scholarship in the previous year. The scholarship will follow them through 8th grade at whichever school they attend in the Archdiocese.